Pages

2/9/11

Dam Short Film Festival

       
Today was Day 1 of the Dam Short Film Festival. This is my second year volunteering, my first year donating a sculpture to their silent auction fundraiser. I've been catching a few blocks of short films here and there over the years (this is their 7th year) but the more I see, the more hooked I get. Last year I was an official volunteer for the festival for the first time. Getting involved only got me more addicted. This year I'm volunteering again, plus trying for the Lifetime Pass.
The Lifetime Pass is a new thing this year. It entitles the bearer to free admission to all future Dam Short Film Festivals. To earn it, I have to see every film they show. I have cleared my schedule for the occasion. It is on. In addition to the pass, I'm hoping for some kind of trophy. I would also settle for a cupcake or other sugary treat.
My daughter (also a volunteer) is disgruntled with me. The 7th grade severely interferes with her ability to be in the running for the Lifetime Pass. She begged her mom to let her play hooky, but her mom vetoed this very reasonable suggestion. She's also become a Festival junkie. Last year she was out on the sidewalk with a megaphone someone foolishly left unattended, announcing the current showings. This year she came in early for her volunteer shift... by about three hours.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.